11.03.2010

Hungry..Grab a Snicker Cake!



I took some inspiration from the Praline Turtle Cake and did a little twist and instead of pecans I added peanuts and chopped up snickers. Also because I'm all about the box cake mix to save time I made the cake batter from the Retired Models cake recipe.

I have to admit this was a fun cake to make, who doesn't love a snickers? And Bruce thought it was one of my best yet. Make it for your next event and see what you think?




Recipe

- 1/2 c butter
- 1 c brown sugar
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c chopped peanuts
- 1 box devil chocolate cake
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1/2 c oil
- 1/2 c water
- 2 6oz packages instant chocolate pudding
- 1 c sour cream
- chopped mini snickers
- your favorite chocolate icing ( I wimped out and bought some betty crocker chocolate icing)

Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottoms of two 9-inch round cake pans and fit a circle of parchment paper large enough to cover 1 inch up the side of each cake pan. Heat the butter, brown sugar, and sweetened condensed milk in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until the butter melts and the sugar is dissolved. Do not boil. Divide the sugar mixture between the prepared pans. Sprinkle 3/4 cup peanuts over sugar mixture and set aside to cool. Mix cake, eggs, pudding, sour cream, oil, water together. Add chopped up snickers if desired. Pour into the prepared pans.
Bake until a wooden skewer inserted into the cake center comes out clean -- 35 to 40 minutes. Cool cakes in the pans for 10 minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pans and turn cakes out onto a cooling rack. Remove the paper and cool completely.
Spread the fudge topping over the sugar mixture side of one cake layer. Place the second layer over the first and drizzle with the melted chocolate and the remaining chopped snickers. Frost the cake sides with your favorite chocolate icing.




I used my new frosting decorating pen around the edges and the bottom.

ENJOY!



6 comments:

Buckeye Bergs said...

my heart melts at the site of snickers! Man that looks yummy!

Buckeye Bergs said...

I hate when people don't know how to spell! Sight!

Lori said...

Yummmm! You know chocolate is my weakness! I NEED a piece of this cake!!

Sharstin said...

wow! looks fab! i love that cake stand--where did you pick up that beauty??

Jillian said...

Thanks Shar! I got that cake stand from Tiffy for my birthday.

Jentrie Williams said...

oh my!! this looks soooo good! you are such a talent :)