9.13.2010

Week 4: Retired Models Cake



This is one of my favorite cakes to make. I got this recipe from my sister-in-law Tyan. Its basically a pudding cake but we call it a Retired Models cake because you have to be a retired model before you can eat it, its just that delicious! I must have retired a long long time ago :)

Recipe

Ingredients:

-1 Devil's Food Cake Mix (I used a butter chocolate last time and loved it)
-4 beaten eggs
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup oil
-2 6oz pkgs instant Chocolate Pudding
-1 cup sour cream
-1 cup chocolate chips (optional)*

Mix together and pour into floured and greased 9 inch round layer cake pans. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Remove cake to wire rack and let cool completely.

*I like to add the chocolate chips to give the cake a little texture, it gives it a chocolate chunk every few bites.

Frosting:

-2 6oz pkg instant Chocolate Pudding
-2 cups milk
-2 cups heavy whipping cream

Mix the milk and chocolate pudding in bowl until the pudding mix dissolved. Whip cream and fold into chocolate mixture. Frost cake.

As you can see, we also add strawberry's some dipped in chocolate, and then with the left over melted chocolate drizzle it on the cake.

Bon Appetit!

5 comments:

Lori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Yum! I love your cake a month idea-you are going to be one popular girl!! You get your love of cake from me I think, I never was a cookie baking Mom. :-) I have lots of recipe's...how about a carrot cake? Love your blog!

Sharstin said...

what a fun idea Jilly! i love it~ and wow--that cake looks amazing!

Jillian said...

Mom - Carrot cake was actually the first cake i did ;)

Jentrie Williams said...

alright, my birthday is in september. . . please make this for me?!!!!