10.02.2010

Dos Amigos Cupcakes









This week I decided to try a cupCAKE instead of cake. My favorite Blue Bell ice cream was called Dos Amigos, chocolate and vanilla. So I used that as my inspiration.


Ingredients:

You have to make two different batters for this recipe.

Chocolate batter:

1 Chocolate cake mix (i used one with the pudding in it to make it moist)
1/2 C water
1/2 C oil
1 C sour cream
4 eggs
1 t vanilla

White batter:

1 White cake mix (with pudding)
1/2 C water
1/2 C oil
1 C sour cream
4 eggs
1 t vanilla

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Combine ingredients in two seperate mixing bowls. Spray inside of cupcake holders with nonstick spray. Using either two spoons and scooping vanilla and chocolate into cupcake holders or rolled up parchment paper filling with chocolate and then another filled with vanilla squeeze into cupcake holders. Bake for 18 min.



These were so good I ate most of them without icing, not to mention my icing was no good! I tried to make a butter cream frosting but it turned out to be sugar glue. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Sharstin said...

what!! those look fabulous! you are quite the baker girly~

Sharstin said...

ps--there is an awesome butter cream frosting on bakerella.com! you would love her site too~