9.30.2010

Week 6: White Almond Cake and... Rose Water?



Yep that's right I said Rose Water! I was searching for good recipes for my birthday cake and found a cake that called for Rose Water. I was immediately intrigued and wanted to try it out. It was... interesting! I feel like it is something I need to keep working on to perfect. The white almond cake was super yummy though! I loved it except I over cooked it so it wasn't as moist as I usually like.

Ingredients

* 1 boxes white cake mix
* 1 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 cups granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoons salt
* 1 1/3 cups water
* 1/4 cup vegetable oil
* 1 teaspoons real vanilla
* 1 teaspoons almond extract
* 1 cups sour cream
* 4 large egg whites

Directions:

Place all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together with a wire whisk.
Add the remaining ingredients and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Pour into greased and floured cake pans, filling each pan a little over half full.
Lightly tap cake pans on counter to bring air bubbles to top.
Bake in preheated 325° F oven until cake tests done.



PS LOVE THE NEW CAKE PLATE!! Thanks Tiffy!

No comments: